Internet Privacy and Cookies Policy
We recommend that you read this policy in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions.
For purposes of this document we have used specific words throughout to avoid ambiguity and to make it easier to read and understand. Where we have used these words they will have the following meanings:
- TheESOP: The Essential School of Painting
- Site: TheESOP website and or social media control or representative of TheESOP
- Policy: This policy
At The Essential School of Painting (TheESOP) we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our students and of our visitors to our website and social media (Site).
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.[i]
There are many different ways that you can use our services for example to search for and share information with other people or to create an account and or content on our site. This policy provides a guideline on how we use your information to make those services better and make sharing with others quicker, easier and safe.
- Log information
- When you use our services or view content provide on our site we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This information may include details of how you used our services such as your search enquiries, telephony, log information for example your phone number, calling numbers and following numbers, the time and date of such contact and duration thereof and such data may include your internet protocol address.
- We may use the name that you provide for your TheESOP Profile across all of the services we offer that require a TheESOP Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your account, so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible TheESOP Profile information, such as your name and photo.
- If you have a TheESOP Account, we may display your Profile name, Profile photo, and actions you take on our site or on third-party applications connected to your account.
Information That We Collect: In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you.
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages, blogs, twits viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you, for example, when you register for information or make a purchase.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
- We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data which does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
- You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your computer. For more information on cookies please read the advice at www.AboutCookies.org[ii]
- Use of Your Information We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes.
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
- If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in
- Without prejudice to clause 5.1 below we will never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
- Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing.
- By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
- We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely.
- Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. Without prejudice to clause 4.1.2 we cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
- With your consent
- We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside TheESOP when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- With domain administrators.
- If your TheESOP Account is managed for you by a domain administrator then your domain administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organisation will have access to your TheESOP Account information (including your emails and other data).
- Your domain administrator may be able to:
- View statistics regarding your account, such as statistics regarding applications that you install.
- Change your account password.
- Suspend or terminate your account access.
- Access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable
- Governmental request.
- Restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- If TheESOP is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, we will continue to ensure the confidentiality of any personal information
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information. We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside TheESOP if we have a belief, in good faith, that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of TheESOP, our users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
- We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
- With your consent
- Access to Information In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
- We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
- Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so free of charge, except where it would require a disproportionate effort.
- We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
- Contacting Us Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to this Privacy and Cookies Policy via our email at mailto:email@example.com
[i] The document was last updated on Tuesday, 27 January 2015